Skip to main content

October 2019


I met again with my spiritual friend & continued to notice a contrast between their more integral approach & my increasingly traditional dharmic approach.  I began to research how to formally take refuge. I pondered what this means & how it fits in with my previous eclectic, pan-mystical perspective.  

I pondered how detachment can be applied to my traditional dharma studies.  I continued studying the Lam Rim, weaving other aspects of ‘integral’ & ‘pragmatic dharma’ into the LR framework.  I continued to feel irritated/disturbed by my work promotion being delayed, although pondering it helped to deepen detachment & my Lam Rim studies.  These studies also focused on karma & having a healthy sense of self at the initial scope of dharma. I also continued to study Buddhist cosmology, finding some logical proofs (karma = idealist  proof, rebirth = realist proof) that were helpful.

I increased some of the existing supplements with the naturopath. For formal practice, I continued with concentration.

Comments